Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Why can't we go to a game withouth being shot?

It seems to happen to often; however, once would be too many times. Four young kids were shot after attending the Parker/Huffman game last week. Apparently, the kids were just shot randomly--no purpose at all! The shooters just yelled out, "Loveman's Village" which is the name of a housing project, and then started shooting.

I could say so much about this, but since this is a journal, I am just going to say what is most prevelant on my heart. Looking at the big picture, it seems to me that the middle class has just given the city to criminals and said, "here just do your crime here--kill one another or whatever, but just stay in this area." I realize that is a generalization and doesn't speek to all of the subtopical reasons why criminals can just shoot kids in the street and get away with it. However, it seems to me that the average person is just willing to pile up all the murder up in the city and post a sign on top which says, "The Hood." I am sorry, but that is not going to keep the average person safe. I am sure you you have noticed, but when you keep stacking stuff up in one area, eventually, it starts spilling over and the pile gets wider.

No comments: